Well organized and comprehensive, this text is richly illustrated with full-color photographs to assist with diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the peripheral ocular fundus. It covers developmental anomalies of the peripheral retina, ora serrata, and pars plana, with emphasis placed on degeneration and anomalies of the retina and vitreous which have the potential for producing a retinal break or detachment.
- Each condition includes a clinical description, histopathology, clinical significance, and brief discussions of treatment.
- Features Optomap images from the Panoramic200, which allow a full view of the peripheral retina rather than a partial view.
- Includes images taken with the more traditional condensing lens.
- Presents updated and expanded treatment descriptions for each of the clinical conditions.
- Features a more reader-friendly, full-color format, providing more clinical utility for the student and practitioner.
- Contains updated references for further study and research.