By Clifford W. Brooks OD, Irvin Borish OD DOS LLD DSc
The ultimate ophthalmic dispensing reference, this book provides a step-by-step system for properly fitting and adjusting eyewear. It covers every aspect of dispensing – from basic terminology to frame selection to eyewear fitting, adjusting, and repairing. Perfect for both students who are just learning about dispensing and practitioners who want to keep their skills up to date, this resource offers in-depth discussions of all types of lenses, including multifocal, progressive, absorptive, safety, recreational, aspheric, and high index. Plus, it goes beyond the basics to explore the “how” and “why” behind lens selection, to help you better understand and meet your patients’ vision needs.
- A glossary of key terms provides easy access to definitions.
- Proficiency tests at the end of each chapter reinforce your understanding of the material through multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, matching, and true/false questions.
- A new full-color design with hundreds of illustrations that clearly demonstrate key procedures, concepts, and techniques.
- Updated coverage of the latest dispensing procedures and equipment.
- Detailed information on the newest types of lenses, including progressive, absorptive, aspheric, and atoric.
- Updated photos feature more current frames and lenses, keeping the book up to date with today’s eye care trends.
By Roger Steinert MD, David Huang MD PhD
High-speed anterior segment optical coherence tomography (OCT) offers a non-contact method for high resolution cross-sectional and three-dimensional imaging of the cornea and the anterior segment of the eye. As the first text completely devoted to this topic, Anterior Segment Optical Coherence Tomography comprehensively explains both the scientific principles and the clinical applications of this exciting and advancing technology.
Essentials of Cataract Surgery
By Jae Yong, Ph.D. Kim
- Publisher: Slack
- Number Of Pages: 306
- Publication Date: 2007-06-30
- ISBN-10 / ASIN: 1556428022
- ISBN-13 / EAN: 9781556428029
Have you ever wished that the experts were sitting next to you or standing by your side during surgery? “Essentials of Cataract Surgery” is a straightforward, concise, and easy to read reference manual that is equivalent to having the best instructor guiding you on what to do next and how to avoid potential complications. “Essentials of Cataract Surgery” comprehensively covers the basics of every step of modern cataract surgery from preoperative evaluation to postoperative care. Detailed instructions and pearls are provided for each specific step. Each chapter contains a summary box which highlights the key points from each topic discussed. Additionally, images, diagrams, photographs, and tables are included to enhance understanding of specific topics. Inside “Essentials of Cataract Surgery”, Dr. Bonnie An Henderson brings together the advice and teaching techniques from the Harvard Intensive Cataract Surgical Training Conference to provide both beginning and practicing surgeons with the personal tips and expert advice of the leading cataract mentors from around the country. Some topics covered include: Preoperative evaluation; Lens removal techniques; Phaco technology; Fluidics of current phaco machines; Chopping techniques; IOLs; and Postoperative complications. With detailed information, expert pearls, and a user-friendly format, “Essentials of Cataract Surgery” is perfect for residents, fellows, medical students, and practicing ophthalmologists looking to improve their surgical techniques.