Kanski’s Clinical Ophthalmology: A Systematic Approach is the classic specialty text providing the perfect ophthalmology foundation for trainees through to experienced practitioners. The famous visually dynamic and succinct format enables easy comprehension and focused guidance in the diagnosis and management of ophthalmic disorders.
- Build the ultimate foundation in ophthalmology with this market-leading resource.
- Benefit from guidance on examination, imaging, and the recognition of systemic conditions associated with ocular disease.
- Completely revised by experienced ophthalmic educator Brad Bowling, the eighth edition reflects the latest advances, making this an indispensable resource to enhance learning, aid exam preparation and guide clinical practice.
- Designed for rapid reference and efficient recall, the concise but comprehensive chapters use crisp targeted text, bulleted lists, tables, and above all a range of visual aids to hone in on salient points across all ophthalmology subspecialties.
- Features detailed updates on key evolving topics such as the spectrum of macular disease, with many new disorders added to this edition across a range of subspecialties.
- Increased emphasis on practical investigation and management.
- Includes 2,600 illustrations, images and artworks, with over 900 brand new for this edition, including ultra wide-field imaging, fundus autofluorescence, and high-resolution OCT.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and tables from the book on a variety of devices.
Kanski & Bowling deliver everything you need to know about ophthalmology today in a multimedia format that ensures efficient, effective recall.
Are you looking for concise, practical answers to those questions that are often left unanswered by traditional references on uveitis? Are you seeking brief, evidence-based advice for the daily examination of patients? Curbside Consultation in Uveitis: 49 Clinical Questions provides quick and direct answers to the thorny questions most commonly posed during a “curbside consultation” between experienced clinicians.
Dr. Stephen Foster has designed this unique reference in which uveitis specialists offer expert advice, preferences, and opinions on tough clinical questions commonly encountered by ophthalmologists, residents, and other health care professionals. The unique Q&A format provides quick access to current information related to uveitis with the simplicity of a conversation between two colleagues. Images, diagrams, and references are included to enhance the text and to illustrate clinical diagnoses and treatment plans.
Curbside Consultation in Uveitis: 49 Clinical Questions provides information basic enough for residents while also incorporating expert pearls that even high-volume ophthalmologists will appreciate. Refractive surgeons, general ophthalmologists, and residents alike will enjoy the user-friendly and casual format.
Some of the questions that are answered:
• How do the results of the Systemic Immunosuppressive Therapy for Eye Disease (SITE) Cohort Study apply to the care of my patients with uveitis?
• How should I evaluate and treat a patient with uveitis?
• How should I treat macular edema in a patient with uveitis?
• How should I treat a pregnant woman with macular threatening toxoplasmosis retinochoroiditis?
• When should I refer a patient with uveitis to a uveitis specialist?
This is a practical manual for diagnostic testing, focusing on the historical and contemporary research on functional disorders in general, and functional visual disorders in particular. Functional Ophthalmic Disorders: Ocular Malingering and Visual Hysteria is a how-to manual that is written for the practicing ophthalmologist and optometrist, complete with color photos that allow the reader to see pictures of select diseases. In addition to the photos, videos are provided online to illustrate the various tests and possible results conducted on a mock patient to assist in the differential diagnosis. Written and edited by leaders in the field, some of the topics covered include history of functional disorders, ophthalmologic examination in malingering and techniques and tests for functional and simulated defects.
The third edition of this manual has been fully revised to provide the latest developments in the diagnosis and treatment of common eye diseases. Disorders are arranged in alphabetical order and each condition is presented over two colour coded pages, with ‘Diagnosis’ (definition, symptoms, differential diagnosis etc) on one page, and ‘Treatment’ (diet and lifestyle, treatment aims, prognosis etc), on the other. Authored by internationally recognised, Professor Myron Yanoff from Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, this new edition includes many new or revised images and illustrations and features two tables of contents – one listed alphabetically, the other by specialty, for quick reference. Each disorder includes its diagnostic code for record purposes. Key points * Fully revised, new edition presenting latest developments in diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases * Quick reference, alphabetically-ordered, colour coded format * Contents searchable by disease name or specialty
Cataract Surgery and Intraocular Lenses offer a detailed overview of intraocular lenses, as the choice of the IOL to be implanted is a critical detail in the patient selection and surgical preparation, and therefore leading to the most optimal patient results.
Dr. Lucio Buratto, Dr. Stephen Brint, and Dr. Domenico Boccuzzi present the latest information on the most advanced diagnostic techniques and surgical decisions for IOL selection and implantation.
Cataract Surgery and Intraocular Lenses covers a wide variety of topics, including monofocal IOLs, multifocal IOLs, accommodative IOLs, injectors and implantation of foldable IOLs, tear or damage of the IOL, and viscoelastic substances.
Supplemented by more than 200 color illustrations, diagrams, a glossary, and references, all surgeons from beginner to expert will want this unique resource by their side.