This book provides an illustrated guide to peripheral retinal degenerations and the role of spectral domain coherence tomography (SD-OCT) in diagnosis and treatment. The book discusses 73 clinical cases and gives detailed information on the principles of SD-OCT and its application in the imaging of peripheral retina.
Peripheral Retinal Degenerations: Optical Coherence Tomography and Retinal Laser Coagulation, 2nd edition, discusses a broad range of retinal pathologies such as chorioretinal degenerations, posterior vitreous detachment, vitreoretinal adhesions and tractions and includes a plethora of high-quality clinical images throughout. Ophthalmologists and retinal specialists will find this updated edition to be the perfect didactic resource for furthering skills and knowledge in this clinical area.
Drawing from the knowledge and expertise of more than 70 contributing international experts, Diseases and Disorders of the Orbit and Ocular Adnexa thoroughly covers the state of the art in orbital and periocular disease from the perspective of a variety of specialties. Clearly written and profusely illustrated, it covers the clinical presentation, pathophysiology, natural history, and management alternatives of disease processes affecting the orbit, eyelids, lacrimal system, and upper face. With a singular focus on the diagnosis and management of orbital and ocular adnexal disease, this authoritative text gives you the information you need to excel both in practice and on exams in the specialty of ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- Offers an in-depth and thorough approach to the pathophysiology of oculoplastics and orbital disease, incorporating the perspectives of numerous specialties – all in one convenient volume.
- Uses an easy-to-follow, templated format throughout so you can find what you need quickly.
- Covers new information not included in other texts, such as antibody testing in dysthyroid conditions and a rapidly emerging array of targeted immunosuppressive medications for the treatment of inflammatory orbital disease.
- Includes hot topics such as the classification and management of orbital inflammatory disease; vascular neoplasms and malformations; periocular dermatology; burn management; facial paralytic disease; and the pathogenesis, evaluation and management of lymphoproliferative disease.
- Features more than 1,200 high-quality clinical, imaging, and histological illustrations that provide clear visual examples of orbital disease.
The undisputed gold standard text in the field, Ryan’s Retina is your award-winning choice for the most current, authoritative information on new technologies, surgical approaches, scientific advances and diagnostic and therapeutic options for retinal diseases and disorders. Packed with timely updates throughout, new illustrations, and a dedicated team of editors who extend Dr. Ryan’s legacy in retina, this outstanding 6th Edition is a must-have reference for retinal specialists, ophthalmologists, and fellows in training.
- Offers the most comprehensive content available on retina, balancing the latest scientific research and clinical correlations, covering everything you need to know on retinal diagnosis, treatment, development, structure, function, and pathophysiology.
- Provides a truly global perspective from five highly esteemed section editors and more than 350 other world authorities from across Europe, Asia, Australasia, and the Americas.
- Bullets Includes new chapters on widefield imaging, intraoperative OCT imaging, medical management of diabetes mellitus and age-related macular degeneration, and senile retinoschisis.
- Includes more than 1,150 brand-new illustrations, scans, and photographs throughout.
- Covers the explosion of new imaging options across optical coherence tomography (OCT), fundus imaging, and autofluorescence imaging, including a greatly expanded OCT imaging chapter that features crucial information on OCT-Angiography (OCT-A).
- Presents new pharmacotherapy data and the latest approaches in anti-VEGF therapy for age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and venous occlusive disease.
- Features an expanded online video library highlighting the latest surgical techniques and new coverage of complications of vitreoretinal surgery.
- Contains thorough content updates in every area of retina, including advanced imaging technologies, gene therapy, inflammation and immune responses, white dot syndromes, epigenetic mechanisms, transplantation frontiers to improve retinal function, macular hole, myopic eye disease, ocular trauma, drug delivery to the posterior segment, advances in macular surgery, vitrectomy and complex retinal detachment, tumors, and retinal genetics and biology.
Basic Principles of Ophthalmic Surgery is an essential textbook for any ophthalmology resident or trainee and will help them build a solid core foundation of ophthalmic surgical knowledge. The new edition has been expanded to include discussion of requirements for medical training as specified by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education and four new clinical chapters. Chapter highlights include key points, suggested reading, self-assessment questions, and more than 200 photographs and illustrations, plus four new videos (access via QR codes).
This book lays the foundation for the 80+ surgical procedures covered in the companion volume, Basic Techniques of Ophthalmic Surgery , Second Edition.
Evaluation and Preparation
* Patient Selection
* Preparation of the Patient
* Preparation of the Surgeon
* Informed Consent New chapter!
* Simulation in Surgical Training New chapter!
* The Importance of Ergonomics for Ophthalmologists
* The Operating Microscope and Surgical Loupes
* Surgical Instruments and Blades
* Suture Materials and Needles
* ACGME Requirements for Surgical Training New chapter!
* Aseptic and Sterile Techniques in the Operating Room
* Ophthalmic Anesthesia
* Suturing and Knot Tying
* Intraocular Fluids
* Patient Safety Issues
* Postoperative Management
* The Healing Process
* Ocular Pathology New chapter!
* Complications and Their Consequences New chapter!